We have invested over $8 million to help small business solve pressing social issues
Since our 1992 founding, we have invested over $8 million dollars through more than 300 loans and equity investments to world enhancing businesses. Our investees are helping create jobs and build a sustainable economy.
We helped launch the Fair Trade movement in the US through many loans to Fair Trade businesses and an early loan to Fair Trade USA, a Fair Trade certifier in the US.
We made our hometown of Media, PA, the “First Fair Trade Town in the US” and blazed a trail for dozens of other towns and cities to follow. We have helped seed Fair Trade Campaigns in other towns, universities, schools, and houses of worship.
Our founder inspired Jay Coen Gilbert, who launched the B Corp movement. There are now over 2,500 B Corps in more than 50 countries. Untours, the travel company we own, was the first certified B Corp in the world!
MISSION ALIGNED INVESTING
We have led other foundations to move their endowments into investments that match their missions. We have been 100% “mission aligned” since our founding. Now we are trying to unleash the trillions of endowment dollars to help make the world a better place.
We support businesses that are going a step beyond, creating new standards in sustainability, community involvement, job creation, and economic justice.
Since our founding, we have
- Made over 300 investments, adding up to over $8,000,000
- Made our hometown, Media, PA, the first Fair Trade town in the US, educating and inspiring others to support fair trade
- Inspired the establishment of B Corp to certify Benefit Corporations
- Funded projects that offer real solutions to the climate crisis
- Supported replicable projects that directly address social or economic problems
- Helped businesses that hire from vulnerable populations
- Invested in businesses that have raised the bar within their fields
- Helped foundations to align their endowments with their missions