Knotty Tie designs and manufactures high quality, custom neckties, bowties, pocket squares and lightweight scarves, and in the process, fulfills a social mission: creating dignified employment opportunities for skilled resettled refugees. Founders, Jeremy Priest and Mark Johnson, started the company with the explicit mission of embracing refugees from various countries, including Iraq and Somalia. The company partners with a Denver non-profit training program, We Made This, which helps area refugees to leverage their existing skills into meaningful employment. The result has been transformational for the individuals who are employed at Knotty Tie — and for Knotty Tie, which has grown and prospered as a result of the partnership. Read more.
Home » Knotty Tie
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
— Mae West
africa anniversary bcorp bicycles Chester clean energy coffee community development cooperative cora Devon Walls divine chocolate donations donors Donor Tours eco business ecozoom education Elizabeth Equal Exchange Fair Trade farmer-owned Freedmen's Art Alliance green business hal Media PA native energy New Day Chester organic Pa Pachamama Philadelphia press public safety second-chance employer social entrepreneurship sostenica sustainable development travel untours untours travel urban issues Wash Cycle Laundry Washington D.C. women's health
- New Day Chester ignites growth through the arts
- Videos from the UnGala!
- UnGala Gratitude
- A Town-and-Country Company
- Ties that bind: Knotty Tie and the Refugee Crisis
- Thanksgiving Feast and a Straw Bale Community Center at Standing Rock
- FOUNDATIONS: PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MISSION IS
- BEAUTIFUL BUSINESS FOR RE-BUILT BOOBS
- INCLUSIVE & ARTISTIC COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- Kitchen Harvest — A Bit of a Love Story