Knotty Tie designs and manufactures high quality, custom neckties, bowties, pocket squares and lightweight scarves, and in the process, fulfills a social mission: creating dignified employment opportunities for skilled resettled refugees. Founders, Jeremy Priest and Mark Johnson, started the company with the explicit mission of embracing refugees from various countries, including Iraq and Somalia. The company partners with a Denver non-profit training program, We Made This, which helps area refugees to leverage their existing skills into meaningful employment. The result has been transformational for the individuals who are employed at Knotty Tie — and for Knotty Tie, which has grown and prospered as a result of the partnership. Read more.
Home » Knotty Tie
Every spring is the only spring — a perpetual astonishment.
— Ellis Peters
africa agroecology anniversary avocados bcorp bicycles clean energy coffee community development cooperative cora divine chocolate donations donors Donor Tours eco business ecozoom education Elizabeth Equal Exchange Fair Trade farmer-owned green business hal Media PA native energy Nicaragua Oke USA organic Pachamama Philadelphia press public safety second-chance employer social entrepreneurship sostenica sustainable agriculture sustainable development travel untours untours travel urban issues Wash Cycle Laundry Washington D.C. women's health
- A Town-and-Country Company
- Ties that bind: Knotty Tie and the Refugee Crisis
- Thanksgiving Feast and a Straw Bale Community Center at Standing Rock
- FOUNDATIONS: PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MISSION IS
- BEAUTIFUL BUSINESS FOR RE-BUILT BOOBS
- INCLUSIVE & ARTISTIC COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- Kitchen Harvest — A Bit of a Love Story
- Wash Cycle Laundry — Up Close and Personal
- Hal & Me
- The Seriously Superior Shopping Guide