Fonkoze is a micro-lending bank. Offering both financial and development services, Fonkoze’s Staircase Out of Poverty provides a comprehensive approach to poverty alleviation in Haiti. Each of its four Steps is uniquely designed to provide a woman with the resources and support that she needs to ascend from poverty, wherever she is in her climb. Along with the four main Steps, Fonkoze’s Staircase includes “Handrails”—programs that provide Fonkoze members and clients with business skills training, education, and health services to support them as they progress.
Home » Fonkoze
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
— Arthur Ashe
africa agroecology anniversary avocados bcorp bicycles clean energy coffee community development cooperative cora divine chocolate donations donors Donor Tours eco business ecozoom education Elizabeth Equal Exchange Fair Trade farmer-owned green business hal Media PA native energy Nicaragua Oke USA organic Pachamama Philadelphia press public safety second-chance employer social entrepreneurship sostenica sustainable agriculture sustainable development travel untours untours travel urban issues Wash Cycle Laundry Washington D.C. women's health
- A Town-and-Country Company
- Ties that bind: Knotty Tie and the Refugee Crisis
- Thanksgiving Feast and a Straw Bale Community Center at Standing Rock
- FOUNDATIONS: PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MISSION IS
- BEAUTIFUL BUSINESS FOR RE-BUILT BOOBS
- INCLUSIVE & ARTISTIC COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- Kitchen Harvest — A Bit of a Love Story
- Wash Cycle Laundry — Up Close and Personal
- Hal & Me
- The Seriously Superior Shopping Guide