Fonkoze is a micro-lending bank. Offering both financial and development services, Fonkoze’s Staircase Out of Poverty provides a comprehensive approach to poverty alleviation in Haiti. Each of its four Steps is uniquely designed to provide a woman with the resources and support that she needs to ascend from poverty, wherever she is in her climb. Along with the four main Steps, Fonkoze’s Staircase includes “Handrails”—programs that provide Fonkoze members and clients with business skills training, education, and health services to support them as they progress.
Home » Fonkoze
“I could live a very rich life on very little money. My life is richer than most rich people’s lives,”
— Hal Taussig
africa anniversary bcorp bicycles Chester clean energy coffee community development cooperative cora Devon Walls divine chocolate donations donors Donor Tours eco business ecozoom education Elizabeth Equal Exchange Fair Trade farmer-owned Freedmen's Art Alliance green business hal Media PA native energy New Day Chester organic Pa Pachamama Philadelphia press public safety second-chance employer social entrepreneurship sostenica sustainable development travel untours untours travel urban issues Wash Cycle Laundry Washington D.C. women's health
- Alix takes a Scotland Untour!
- Getting Past Inertia: Ten Simple, Valiant Steps To Align Your Foundation’s Endowment With Your Mission – Or Not
- New Day Chester ignites growth through the arts
- Videos from the UnGala!
- UnGala Gratitude
- A Town-and-Country Company
- Ties that bind: Knotty Tie and the Refugee Crisis
- Thanksgiving Feast and a Straw Bale Community Center at Standing Rock
- FOUNDATIONS: PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MISSION IS
- BEAUTIFUL BUSINESS FOR RE-BUILT BOOBS